Leave comments on someone elses pages #47
These page contains details for the implementation of the comments section for BookStack. Issue is [here] (https://github.com/ssddanbrown/BookStack/issues/47).
Functionality to implement
- Add a simple editor with Markdown support.
- Ability to add comments.
- Ability to edit own comments.
- Ability to delete your own comments
- Ability to link directly to a comment in the page
- Ability to reply to a comment (upto 2 levels?)
- Display total comments on the page summary maybe.
- User should not be able to edit other's comments.
- Comment change history
- Add roles to comment.
- Inline document comments where users can highlight sections of pages and comment on those.
- Like comments
- Highlight people via your comments with a "@Abijeet", similar to Facebook.
The database schema will be a simple tree based schema.
Reviewed various tree based schema's structure for SQL described here http://mikehillyer.com/articles/managing-hierarchical-data-in-mysql/
After analyzing the various schema structures, I've finally decided to go ahead with the Adjacency List based on its simplicity. Following will be the schema structure -