WPML and ACF
Using WPML together with the Advanced Custom Fields (ACF) plugin
Unfortunately ACF and WPML don't play nice together 'out of the box'. You therefore need to install the following WPML plugins (available from your WPML account), plus do a bit of configuration to get things working:
- Advanced Custom Fields Multilingual
- WPML Translation Management
- WPML String Translation
Now do the following:
- Head to WPML > Translation Management > Multilingual Content Setup > Custom Fields Translation, and set each of the fields to "Translate"
- Head to Custom Fields, and for each field group, you will need to add a translation. For simplicity, just copy over the fields from the English version. If you have tied the fields to specific pages, these fields will need to be duplicated and changed accordingly.
- Now you should just be able to go into each page, create another language version for the page, and your fields should appear!