UPDATE: This list is no longer maintained. I've moved it to its own repo so you can send suggestions as Pull Requests.
For feedback or suggestions, please send a tweet (@dideler). Gist comments don't notify me.
Pull requests aren't possible with gists (yet), so I don't recommend forking because then I can't easily get the change.
Starring this gist will give me an idea of how many people consider this list useful.
- OpenStrategy - kinda like this list, but much nicer presentation
- Organize the unorganized resources
- Improve flow by grouping similar sections and putting popular categories higher up
- More detailed sections & subsections
- Improve header names
- Split content into free & paid categories (or at least identify paid resources if not split)
- Add one-line descriptions to every resource
- Identify resources that need updating (e.g. descriptions, names, 404s, etc.)
- Add section with links to some of my other useful gists (e.g. interview prep, startup engineering notes)
- FormBakery - "professional forms for web-designers"
- Wufoo - "amazing online forms"
Frameworks / JS plugins
Reading Material (blogs)
Wireframing / Mockups / Prototyping
- Omnigraffle - Mac only, use with free stencils
- POP - prototype on paper, take pictures, simulate interaction on phone
- Lucidchart - lots of different tools and real-time collaboration
- Easel - works with bootstrap
- UXPin - UX Design Platform that focuses on solving problems
- UXPorn - Collection of wireframe templates and UI design patterns
- Wirify - bookmarklet that turns any web page into a wireframe
- InVision - Free web & mobile prototyping and UI mockup tool
- Templated - Free HTML5/CSS3 site templates
- HTML5 UP - Free HTML5/CSS3 site templates
Free to use unless otherwise stated.
- ByPeople - logos, characters, patterns, icons, themes, ribbons, boxes, fonts, banners, templates, buttons, badges, shadows, backgrounds, sliders
- How to make your site look half-decent in half an hour
- CSSFlow - CSS Code Snippets & UI Kits for Web Developers
- CodePen Patterns - A collection of design patterns & code for your project
Static Blog Generators / Content Editors
Learning / Reference Material
- Parse - Focus on UX and stop worrying about server maintenance and complex infrastructure
- Framer - prototyping toolkit
Note: In some cases it's better to send a validation email.
Litmus and Return Path also allow you to test how your html email looks across all email clients and browsers.
- Braintree - Accept payments in your app or website
- Checkout - easily integrate Stripe directly into your website
- jquery.payment - library for building credit card forms, validating inputs, and formatting numbers
- Gumroad - for small transactions
- Skeuocard - enhances credit card inputs using a skeuomorphic interface
- Signature Pad - capture smooth signatures (open source)
- Churn Buster - Stop losing money to failed payments in Stripe
- Card - Make your credit card form better in one line of code.
Licenses & Legal
Teamwork / Collaboration / Pairing
- codeshare.io - instant browser-based code sharing in real-time
- Screenhero - Screen sharing + Multiple mouse cursors + Voice chat
- Termbeamer - share terminal across the internet
- Floobits - use native text editors to collaborate on code in real-time
- Flootty - very simple collaborative terminal (requires free Floobits account)
- wemux - improved multi-user terminal multiplexing (requires tmux) e.g. pair programming in the shell
- vLine- free & simple WebRTC video chat
- QuicklyChat - push-to-talk video chats for coworkers
- Google Hangouts
- Web Sequence Diagrams
- meetings.io - no signup and designed for small meetings
- Skype - best for 1-on-1 calls
- Scaling a development team
- collabedit - simple collaborative text
- Etherpad - online collaborative editor
- Open Etherpad
- AgileZen - project management s/w, uses boards and cards like Trello + other features
- HipChat - team chat, free for teams up to 5, $2 per person per month after that
- Kandan - open source HipChat alternative
- Campfire - team chat by 37signals
- hall - another group chat for teams, has free and paid plans
- Phabricator - like Trac, created at Facebook
- trac - wiki and issue tracking system for software development projects
- asana - task management for teams
- BaseCamp - project management & collaboration, by 37signals
- Piazza - free teacher/student real-time collaboration
- PowWow - collaborative screen sharing (like Google docs for anything)
- Chrome Remote Desktop - a Chrome extension, use for remote assistance or accessing your own computers
- writeLaTeX - collaborative LaTeX editor with previews
- ShareLaTeX - similar to writeLaTeX
- ScribTex - not real-time collaboration
- TitanFile - professional file sharing and collaboration
- Slack - real-time messaging, archiving and search for teams. completely free
- Flowdock - group chat and team inbox for teams; integrates with GitHub, Jira, Trello, and more.
- Chromebox for meetings - Starting at $999, $250 annual management & support fee (starts 2nd year)
- Peak - know what everyone on the team is doing without distracting them
A good wireless headset (e.g. Corsair Vengeance 2000) will come in handy when remote pairing.
- Desktime - Accept payments, book your space, and build a community with a single web-based app. Also has a directory of coworking spaces.
- Sphinx - write docs in reStructuredText and output to many formats
- ASCII Flow - create diagrams in ASCII
- Read the Docs - free documentation hosting
Testing / Support / Feedback
- Peek by UserTesting - random user evaluates your site for free (targeted users is not free)
- errorception - Painless JS Error Tracking
- ExceptionHub - JS error tracking
- Polar Polls - simple 2-choice polls for user engagement
- Aircall - The easiest phone solution for entrepreneurs and companies
- ethnio - Recruiting for User Research
- Olark - Live chat. Make customers happy, one chat at a time
- Helpful - Simple support tool designed for startups
- Intercom - User intelligence and customer communication (free to observe user activity)
- Typeform - Free beautiful surveys and forms
Continuous Integration and Deployment
If you need a little something to get wired in!
- YouCanBookMe - integrates with Google Calendar, great for organizing interviews
- When is Good - find out when everyone is free for your next meeting or event, hassle-free
- Envoy - visitor registration on the ipad
Shit that still needs to be categorized