- Video Imaging Co-Processor
- a chip unit that can be found in different variants, e.g. in its basic form on the DM6446, in form of the HDVICP as a single unit on DM365 and a dual unit on the DM6467 SoCs.
- benefical for SD-Video and HD-Video encoding and decoding as well as for image processing
- This component is made available to third partys and especially to codec developers in some cases.
- Using this unit will accelerate certain task by several percent of the original speed if run mainly on the C64x+ DSP core.