#Simple Album Proofing
Notes and ideas for building a simple album proofing plugin for wordpress
I would like to create a plugin that gives clients a simple way to create and manage album proofing from within a wordpress website.
Custom Post Type
Custom Post Status
- Help distinguish albums that are in review, approved, or completed.
Custom Taxonomy for organizing albums
User access control
- Perhaps we can simply use the built in password protected post, but this may need to be customized to make it easier for the end user.
Custom Post Meta
- Most likely replace the default post editor with custom meta fields to hold the album proofs and provide other information:
- Custom message, header image
- Album Spreads
- Album Size
- Album Page Count (auto generated via # of images?)
- Album Print details (cover, paper & bidding information)
- Album Price?
- Album Printer (Private?)
- Social Share? (After approval)
- Private notes
I am thinking of using post attachment pages for the individual spread presentation to allow commenting and feedback on a spread by spread basis.
Perhaps add some sort of ajax or animation to add some visual appeal and sense of "pages" in a spread.
Easy navigation between the spreads and a quick way to return to an overview of all the spreads.
A way to comment on the whole book in general and a way to comment on each spread individually.
The ability to mark spreads as completed or the whole book as approved.
- A way to have those comments and responses to those comments emailed to commentators and admins.
- A way for a book to be automatically approved after each spread is marked as completed.
- Make smaller pdf or sharable versions and files available at a certain point.
- Make sending emails and passwords to clients easy form the admin area. Once click "Join Me" emails.