LAB STAFF PLEASE READ:
Hi there! My name is _____________________________!
- I have been diagnosed to experience vasovagal syncopes while I have my blood drawn.
- This just means I will probably uncontrollably faint while my blood is being drawn. This is normal.
- I will not panic, resist, or interfere with you drawing my blood. Your staff will be safe.
- I ate a full meal with a reasonable amount of glucose before coming here.
To help you draw my blood as easily as possible:
- Please allow me to fully lay down (or at least recline) while you draw my blood in the event that I faint.
- Please allow me to avoid looking while you draw my blood.
- Please avoid verbally describing when (or how) the needle is going into my arm while you draw my blood.
- Please use an anaesthetic if available (examples: Needle Buster, Numby Stuff, EMLA cream).
- Please let me listen to music while I have my blood drawn if there is an appropriate time for it.
Thank you for reading!